Substance Use Disorder Recovery and Prevention Speaker
Addiction Recovery Advocate and Speaker
Addiction recovery isn’t easy but it helps when a community understands and becomes actively involved. As the opioid epidemic in the US has grown, so too has the need for increased awareness and education around substance use disorder and the people it affects. Justin Phillips’ goal is to bring this awareness to as many communities as possible, speaking on the opioid crisis, addiction recovery, and overdose prevention.
Previously, Justin has been invited to speak at national, regional, and local events on the topic of prescription drug and heroin use. As an Executive Director of Overdose Lifeline, she has hosted numerous law enforcement and public education and training sessions.
Prior Speaking Engagements
Champions of Change panel discussion about the shame and stigma of addiction.
2016 Jefferson Awards Foundation address.
Champions of Change panel discussion about full spectrum treatment and recovery services.
FAQ on Booking Justin
Simply head over to our contact page and let us know what event you would like Justin to speak at and when. We will reply promptly with any questions.
Justin has spoken on numerous topics surrounding substance use disorder and overdose prevention. This includes:
- The shame and stigma associated with substance use disorder
- The need to treat the entire family
- Loss of a loved one from drugs and alcohol
- Opioid addiction: Why it’s so powerful
- Bringing opioid addiction out of the shadows
- Opioid addiction: What’s happening to our children?
- Opioid addiction: What you can do now
- Opioid education: It’s never too early
- Opioids: Educate to prevent youth experimentation
Justin is based in Indiana, but is able to travel nationally to speak at events.
Overdose Lifeline is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families, and communities affected by the disease of substance use disorder. Learn more about Overdose Lifeline.