What a phenomenal 2020 Virtual INARMS Symposium! Thank you for making it a success!
And thank you to all 19 sponsors in support of Bronze, Stakeholder, Partners in Change and Non-profit sponsorships. It is through your support and collaboration that makes the INARMS Virtual Symposium the place for the recovery community to celebrate recovery month. Thanks especially to Division of Mental Health & Addiction for hosting and ensuring that there is a forum for discovery, education and continued learning as we strive for prevention, treatment and recovery!
We heard from 29 different speakers covering topics ranging from how Community Health Workers support recovery and re-entry through to new and novel innovations in Jail treatment programs! The learning continues with online access to all conference sessions, speaker presentations, handouts and reference materials below.
1. The Role of Community Health Workers in Assisting with Re-entry following Incarceration and How they can assist with OUD and SUD, Prevention and Recovery.
Presenter: Paul Conrad & Julia Holloway
2. The Silent Grind: Firefighter Behavioral Health & Peer Support - PTSD & Suicide Prevention of First Responders
Presenter: Brandon Dreiman
3. Keynote Maia Szalavitz
4. Tobacco Prevention
Part 1. The Doctor Will See You Now: Highlights from the 2020 Surgeon General’s Report on Smoking Cessation
Presenter: Kayla Hsu
Part 2. The Hidden Harms of Tobacco Use
Presenter: Deborah Hudson-Buckles
5. Best Practices in Community Re-entry
Part 1. The CareSource Model for the Formerly Incarcerated
Presenters: Sara Hall, Shenicka Pearson Moore, Edna Sandersmensah, Cord Hale, and Gregg Pieples
Part 2. Jasper County Jail & Holistic Approaches
Presenters: Patrick Williamson
1. CRAFT Model - Support Group for Families and Affected Loved Ones
Presenter: Justin Phillips
2. Best Practice in Treatment and Recovery
Part 1. Dove House Model
Presenter: Wendy Noe
Part 2. The Oxford House Model, an evidence-based recovery housing model
Presenter: Amy Collins
3. Keynote Doug Huntsinger
4. Indiana Recovery Network’s Regional Recovery Hubs
Presenters: Brandon George, Heather Rodriguez, and Andrew Saunders
5. The Impact of Law Enforcement and Addiction: Reducing Mortality with Jail MAT Programs.
Presenters: Johnny Wilson, Sheriff Mike Nielsen, and Brandon George