Our youth-focused program, This is Not About Drugs (TINAD), has reached tens of thousands of students across 400 delivery partners in over 25 U.S. States. Currently, TINAD is an in-class, universal program designed to raise awareness of opioids as a legitimate prescription and their potential for misuse and overdose. Designated as a promising program by the Centers for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) TINAD is the only program specifically addressing opioids to youth the program includes video interviews from youth affected by Substance Use Disorder and subject matter experts. .
We are excited to announce our plans to expand our TINAD program and we are inviting you to be a part of it! As we build upon the existing curriculum of opioid misuse, addiction as a brain disease, effective coping strategies, and more, we are calling on professionals to present the information. The end result will feel similar to the format you see in our original video.
If you or someone you know works in the following fields, we would love your help:
- Behavioral clinician
- General practitioner
The new virtual TINAD will broaden its reach with youth. Even though the current format is effective, we hope the collective voice of experts in the field will nurture a deeper understanding. TINAD has already seen a successful impact in the following ways:
- 77% agreed that prescription pain pills are the same type of drug as heroin
- 77% agreed that misusing prescription pain pills are as risky as using heroin
- 50% agreed they would be able to recognize if someone were having an overdose
- 89% agreed that the younger someone starts using substances, the higher their risk for addiction
- 80% agreed that they were more likely to speak with someone if they were concerned about themselves or someone else
If you’d like to join forces with us, please reach out to our program director below: