The Overdose Lifeline Board and Staff are thrilled to announce the official opening of the Heart Rock Justus Family Recovery Center.
A recovery residence for women and women who are pregnant and parenting young children has been part of the ODL strategic plan since 2017. It is an honor and privilege to be fulfilling this vision.
On Tuesday, July 19, 2022, Overdose Lifeline held a ribbon-cutting ceremony with Douglas Huntsinger, executive director for drug prevention, treatment, and enforcement for the State of Indiana, and the Mayor Joe Hogsett City Of Indianapolis.
The Heart Rock Justus Family Recovery Center was funded thanks to a $675,000 Community Development Block Grant through the City of Indianapolis’ Department of Metropolitan Development. In addition, the Indianapolis Office of Public Health and Safety has dedicated over $700,000 in federal American Rescue Plan funds towards the program. The facility will be open to residents in late August.
“Overdose Lifeline’s purpose is to fill gaps where we see them, and that’s what Heart Rock Justus Family Recovery Center is intended to do…We recognize that keeping families together is one of the most effective strategies to break the cycle of addiction. Through Heart Rock, pregnant women and mothers with children will have a stable foundation to successfully recover and heal from substance use disorder, together.”Justin Phillips, founder and executive director of Overdose Lifeline, Inc.
The Heart Rock Justus Family Recovery Center is an Indiana Association of Recovery Residences (INARR) Level III Supervised Residence, which aims to improve access to quality recovery residences in Indiana through standards, support services, placement, education, research, and advocacy. This model supports clinical-level care from community service providers with case management and other resources provided at the residence.
The Heart Rock Justus Family Recovery Center has been made possible through the love and support of a large variety of organizations and individuals.
To these and any others we have not listed we are beyond grateful. If you are interested in learning more about Heart Rock Recovery Center or ways you can support the women and children we serve please visit heartrockrecovery.org.
- The ODL Board
- The ODL Staff
- The Justus Family
- The Meridian Kessler Neighborhood Association
- Mayor Hogsett, The City of Indianapolis
- Lauren Rodriguez, JD, Director Office Of Public Health and Safety City of Indianapolis
- The Team of Community Investments Department of Metropolitan Development | City of Indianapolis
- Douglas Huntsinger, the Governor’s Office and the State of Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction
- The Indianapolis City County Council to include Councilman Oliver
- United Way of Central Indiana Social Innovation Fund
- The neighbors who stood by us in support of recovery
- Ashley Gurvitz
- Rebecca Buhner, Deputy Director – Addiction and Forensic Treatment
- State Opioid Treatment Authority FSSA/Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction
- Jeanette Craw & Family – In Memory of Hannah Aldridge
- Kathleen Weissenberger- In memory of Dorothy (Babe) Weissenberger
- Alfie McGinty & Family- In memory of Jimmy Williams III
- Nancy Mutchmore & The Deck Family
- The Hutchins Family
- McFarland Trust- In Memory of Aaron Sims
- Lori Lane, Christy Herron, Annie Rooney, Karen Reinhardt Bright
- Molly Sahm
- Jennifer Southard Feldman, In Memory of Kristine Petrey Hager
- Jeanyce St. Victor
- Jaqueline, Mike and Walter Chandler
- Julie McGrath
- Julie Godfrey
- Leila Mortazavi
- Andrea & Eric Moss
- Samatha Spiegel
- Grace Hutson
- Eileen Howell
- Chrissy Vasquez
- Neil and Jo Gath
- Tamara Justus Dahlman
- Walt & Janie Justus
- Pat Corsi
- Tisha LeMaster
- Nathan Layne
- Landscape flowers donated by Jacqueline Chandler, Dawn & Roger Copas, Jay Alley, Julie Godfrey, Kathy LaPorte, Maureen O’Hara, and Vicki
- Garden Markers Julee Henn, and Monica Chan
- Sullivan’s Hardware
- Kent and Elizabeth Howard
- Karen Turner and Family
- Strom Peterson and Maria Montalvo
- Heartland Church
- Phyllis Norville
- Erin Mooney
- Sean Kovatch
- Karen Henry Smith
- Tisha LeMaster
- Ethan and Logan Rassel